Thursday 1 October 2015

A Beautiful Fall


It's been a beautiful fall time here in the Yukon.  Sorry it's been so long since I've posted....it seems like I just posted, but whoosh....it's weeks later.  The Lord Jesus has been so good to us and has been blessing us each day.

I do hope you're all been enjoying the fall time where you're at.  We've been doing lot of putting food by.  We made lots of apple sauce and froze some then canned the rest.  We also made a lot of salsa and froze it in little tubs to.  I've just learned more about how to freeze food in mason jars...so I'll be doing more of that in the future as I would love to live without more of this plastic.  :)



We've also been harvesting our garden and herb plants.  Now most of my herbs are totally dried and put away.  I bought a little coffee bean grinder which I use for my herbs and it's much better than crushing them with a rolling pin.  
We went low bush cranberry picking a few times and have made lots of jam and froze the rest.



With going berry picking we've been out enjoying nature to.  My kids love this natural  "golf course" and we've been exploring around it.


One thing I have been enjoying is this food processor for my Bosch machine that my husband bought me for my birthday. :)  It sure makes short work of grating carrots for carrot cake and also shredding cheese for pizza.


We've been making lots of cookies and freezing some.  Although I think that the freezer has been emptied of cookies at this moment. LOL  I'm so glad that I can make four batches easily in my mixer.
 
We've been trying to keep our flowers alive as long as we can.  There are still some pansies and sweet peas that haven't totally frozen off, and I've been bringing little bouquets inside and putting them on my desk.  I love the smell of the flowers when they warm up. :)


Today our wood order arrived and we all got to work right away and it's now all stacked nicely in our woodshed.  All ready for winter. I love how wood heat warms everything all the way through.   Off to the right in the picture I have a bunch of wood from last year left over that's split...when that's been used, I'll start splitting the new stuff.  That's one job I've always enjoyed since I was a young teen.  I love the smell and feel of the wood...not to mention it's good exercise.



So life has been full...and our homeschooling has been very interesting as well.
I do hope you have a wonderful day and are counting the blessings that the Lord Jesus Christ brings into your lives.
Thanks for dropping by!  I'm sharing this post with The Art of Homemaking Mondays. 
I'll be posting some more things, so do pop by again. :)


2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a warm and cozy home you make for your family!
The picture of the woodpile brings back a flood of memories from my childhood when we heated with a woodstove! Some of my favorite memories are helping to stack wood in the the crisp autumn air!

Danielle Dunn said...

Stacking the wood was a lot of fun! XD besides all the salsa and cookies and exploring the golf course is a big bonus! :)
P.S You do need to make more cookies! LOL!