Sunday 28 June 2015

Anytime is Apron Time!




Hello Friends!  Today I have some aprons to share with you.  I love making aprons and encouraging women to enjoy being keepers at home.  Wearing an apron not only is fun, but practical to.  I would love to hear if any of you like aprons, and why.

Titus Chapter 2
5 [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

The one above is made from an old curtain panel that I was given and I thought it was so pretty.  I love vintage things!

Below is an apron that I made out of an old pair of cotton pants that are a type of plaid (hard to tell) and some complimenting dark fabric that I had a bit of. I made two, this one and one smaller for a little girl.


Then I found some lovely floral fabric at the free store (at our recycling centre) and then added some lace that was edged with some blue seam binding.  I made one with two separate pockets and one with a large pocket sewn up the middle to make two.



This is a close up of the fabric from the above aprons.


Then I heard of a little girl that wanted an apron.  So I looked through my fabric and found this lovely pink and white striped material and the floral material and thought they'd be cute together.  I added a touch of lace and some pink seam binding to the edges.


I also found this lovely material and dug out some old lace edged ribbon that I have been hoarding for years.  I used it for the straps and some edging and then added lace all the way around the apron and pocket.


 Here is a close up of the above apron's fabric and the ribbon.


Most of the material I have is from the free store or from someone who doesn't want it anymore.  It's fun to be able to put it to use somehow.  I have lots more aprons in the planning and will start sewing when time presents itself.

What do you like in an apron?  I love to have long straps and big pockets. :)
Praying you have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute aprons. I have a collection of aprons, too. My favorite ones have pockets and a strap around my neck - I need lots of protection I guess I'm kinda messy when I cook and craft! I have a cow print, Betty Boop, Snowman and a frilly lime green and black one.

Tracy said...

These all so beautiful Jennifer. I never wear aprons although as sloppy as I am in the kitchen I need to. LOL. Looks like you had a little furry helper for company. Hugs!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I just love summer! We all have so much to be thankful for! And we all love blogging for inspiration and the support we get from one another! Have a wonderful season! I just love Aprons and I wear one everyday! I am so glad you made one for that little girl! I enjoyed seeing the ones you made. My grand daughters just finished making themselves a new apron. They love to wear them also! Hugs, Gods Blessings
Roxy

Debbie said...

You have been busy! These are all wonderful!
I don't always wear an apron (probably should!) but every time I put one on, it makes me think of my grandmothers who wore them almost all the time!